The Bega Valley Historical Society aims to research, collect, preserve and showcase documents, images and artefacts relating to the history of the Bega Valley. It provides a centre for local history research and for genealogical research into the pioneer families of the area.To visit Bega Pioneer Museum on your holiday in Bega, and find out what else Bega has to offer, use our Bega trip planning app .
The Society is a not-for-profit incorporated organisation, officially formed in 1972.
Bega Valley Historical Society Facebook Comments Guidelines
Our Facebook page is a space for us to share information about what’s happening at the Bega Pioneers' Museum and to let you know more about our Society and its doings. We also like to share information relevant to the museum and heritage sector - locally and nationally.
Like all online and offline public forums, there is a level of moderation needed to ensure fairness to other users and those who are featured on our page. There will be occasions when we need to remove comments and block users as a result of leaving inappropriate responses to posts and comments. Please read the following guidelines so we can all engage in fair, open and respectful conversation.
1. Please be polite. Personal attacks and words that defame or degrade any person, group or organisation will not be tolerated. The use of coarse language is not welcome.
2. Please stay on topic. Random comments that do not relate to individual posts are a distraction and discourage others from engaging in relevant conversation. Comments that purposely attempt to derail a comments thread will be deleted.
3. Please do not repeat comments in multiple threads. This will be seen as an attempt to derail the conversation and treated as spam.
4. Links made for commercial purposes and personal gain will be treated as spam and removed.
5. Comments that question these guidelines or moderation of our page will be removed. We will send you a private message via Facebook asking you to contact us directly if you have any questions about moderation.
6. Trolling and using a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one's self, allies or company are not acceptable. People found to be doing either will be blocked from commenting on our page.
7. The administrators of this page reserve the right to remove any material if the above guidelines are not met.
8. Please also consider Facebook’s own Community Standards policy.
9. Please be mindful that Bega Valley Historical Society's Facebook page is managed by volunteers. Responses to comments and the removal of unsuitable material may not be immediate. If you have concerns please contact the Bega Pioneers' Museum during opening hours.
Bega Pioneer Museum Reviews
Nice small museum with good display of history items. There is cheese tasting and small cafe for breakfast or ice-cream.
Wonderful local historical museum, the pride and joy of the lovely volunteers. A must visit when in Bega!
Plan your trip to Bega
Get a personalised planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customise itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best activities
and find special offers
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Bega
Plans to Bega Pioneer Museum by other users
15 days in Merimbula BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA May, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: May, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 9 days in Bega BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA May, historic sites, museums, slow & easy, popular sights PREFERENCES: May, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Slow & easy 30 days in Cooma BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA February, culture, historic sites, museums, shopping, popular sights PREFERENCES: February, culture, historic sites, museums, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 7 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA February, culture, historic sites, museums, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: February, culture, historic sites, museums ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 31 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA January, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife, hidden gems PREFERENCES: January, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 4 days in Sapphire Coast BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA January, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife, hidden gems PREFERENCES: January, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, romantic, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium