Your half day afternoon tour begins at the Waters edge, Marlin Marina the Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.Choose to start, finish, or center your holiday on a trip to Cairns Discovery Tours by using our Cairns trip maker tool .
• Cairns Highlights - Discover our vibrant cities history as you immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage unique to the Far North.
• St. Monica’s Cathedral - Step inside one of the most breathtaking cathedrals in all of Australia, featuring the World's largest themed stained glass windows.
• Afternoon at The Edge Cage - Experience a true local delight warm, fresh from the oven scones with strawberry jam and cream and your choice of locally grown Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate at The Edge Café.
• Flecker Botanic Gardens - Enjoy a professional guided walk through the lush Flecker Botanical Gardens, renown for having one of the best exhibitions in Australia of tropical plants. Meander through the butterfly lined pathways under the green canopy, as your guide explains the various plant and wildlife you see along the way.
• Stunning Lookouts - Cairns' best scenic lookouts. Take in the panoramic hillside views from the most stunning vantage points in Cairns.
• Barron Falls - Enjoy a walk at the lower section of the Barron Gorge National Park, Surprise Creek Falls.
• Palm Cove - Conclude the day leaving the best for simply stunning Palm Cove
Choose to stroll along the Jetty or feel your toes in the sand as you breathe in the salty sea air and watch a truly mesmerising sunset. A quiet, relaxing tropical village by the sea where centuries old “paperbark” Melaleuca trees line the esplanade.
Cairns Discovery Tours Reviews
The tour started at the cathedral with its impressive stained glass windows, carried on with an informative visit to the Cairns museum and then on for an included afternoon tea stop. After a further s... more »
We went on the cruise with the four of us and from the moment you arrive to the time that the cruise is over we enjoyed every moment. The staff were all friendly warm and welcoming. The food was delic... more »
absolutely beautiful place to sight see
Hi, A whole day trip to Cooktown by Cairns Discovery Tours is a must. I did the tour with tour guide Kathy whose motto was, 'born and bred in the Daintree, so we will never get lost'. A comforting feeling when setting out into areas of Aussie wilderness and sometimes inhospitable terrains. As we traversed over the Great Dividing Range from humid, dense rain forest to presently lush waving savanah grass lands, one is in total awe of how the original Aborigines lived in these parts and later how the foreign explorers and miners travelled by foot through these harsh and diverse landscapes. All of this area is seeped in history, which 'Captain' Kathy narrated with wonder. Of course there were the stops at iconic outback pubs which housed the tokens and stories of not only excentric characters but of life as it was lived in the past. Thanks Cairns Discovery Tours and Kathy for an outstanding experience. Lois
Plan your trip to Cairns
Get a personalised planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customise itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best activities
and find special offers
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >
Side trips from Cairns
Hidden gems in Cairns
Shopping in Cairns
Nearby attractions in Cairns
Plans in Cairns by other users
12 days in Queensland BY A USER FROM SWEDEN December, popular sights PREFERENCES: December ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 10 days in Australia BY A USER FROM INDIA October, teens, popular sights PREFERENCES: October, teens ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 21 days in Australia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES December, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, hidden gems PREFERENCES: December, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 39 days in Australia BY A USER FROM CANADA February, popular sights PREFERENCES: February ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 42 days in Australia BY A USER FROM CANADA February, popular sights PREFERENCES: February ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 14 days in Australia BY A USER FROM INDIA October, popular sights PREFERENCES: October ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium