Creswick Market, Creswick
Hear is a list of 10 reasons to bring yourself, your familiy, your friends, your dog, your mates from bookclub, (anyone really) to the next Creswick Market:A visit to Creswick Market represents just the start of the adventure when you use our Creswick trip planner to plot your vacation.
1. We showcase some of the best fresh produce, artists and designers in the region. At Creswick Market you can see what the Central Highlands is all about- being gorgeous.
2. We aim to source as many stall holders as possible within one hour of base camp. So you know your shopping has a low carbon foot print.
3. Because you can talk directly to our makers you know are getting top quality, loving made or freshly harvested, for the best prices available.
4. We aim to have only one or two stall holders selling similar things, guaranteed diversity, and we evolve with the seasons.
5. We have an amazing selection of handpicked buskers, adding their talent to the mix and the delightful atmosphere.
6. We are children, wheelchair, pram, and dog friendly. All are welcome, something for everyone.
7. Our market is set in the lovely, historical grounds of Creswick Neighbourhood Centre- surrounded by trees and gardens. No streets or cattle sheds for us.
8. By supporting our market you are not just supporting local small business, but also Creswick Neighbourhood Centre and the local youth group, adult education classes, free internet access, community garden and community drop in groups, jam sessions, new mothers group- everything that the Neighbourhood Centre does!
9. We are only 15-20 minutes drive from Daylesford or Ballarat, and a cruisey hour and fifteen from Melbourne (straight up the Western Freeway & turn right).
10. The fun doesn't stop here! Creswick is surrounded by beautiful lakes and forests for great walking, is the home of Creswick Woollen Mills where you can meet the alpacas and see the entire production process, as well as the nearby Tangle Maze and Tuki Trout Farm. Not to mention our World Class Golf Course at the Novotel Forest Resort. Chat to the friendly volunteers in the Visitor Information Centre to find the thing for you.
We run on the 3rd Saturday of the month, rain hail or shine, so lock in your next trip to Creswick Market today! See you there!
Creswick Market Reviews
We spent several hours at this market after breakfast at the nearby RACV Goldfields Resort where we were staying. Market runs from 9am to 1pm every second Saturday of the month. We found the stallhold... more »
This lovely little market is well situated to provide lots of interest, and plenty of shade for the hot day of our visit. We especially enjoyed the scones cooked on site. A special treat was the educa... more »
Great market. However it was a very hot day, and I was shocked that there was a man selling little birds, and they were in direct sunlight in a small cage, I was horrified as I thought it was illegal to do this now, I asks him politely to put them in the shade, he just ignored me! Poor little birds didn't have any water I fretted about them all night, I will call the Creswick council about it and update you with an answer. Other than that, great market, good food, music, clothing, stalls,artesian breads etc..
A lovely country market, filled with local producer's making traditional breads, fabulous sauces and marinades, fudges, spices and dried foods, seedlings and plants, hand made boards to bird houses, children's and adult clothing, hats and socks, amazing enga coffee, soaps and delightful oils and sticks, hand made genuine gem jewelry, fresh vegetables and eggs, homemade pastries. Open air under the gum trees and inside stalls. There is truly something for everyone, a delightful surprise this one!
Plan your trip to Creswick
Get a personalised planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customise itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best activities
and find special offers
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Creswick
Plans to Creswick Market by other users
2 days in Daylesford & the Macedon Ranges BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA May, romantic, hidden gems PREFERENCES: May, romantic ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 23 days in Australia BY A USER FROM INDIA May, popular sights PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 2 days in Ballarat BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA May, historic sites, museums, shopping, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: May, historic sites, museums, shopping ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 9 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA April, kids, popular sights PREFERENCES: April, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 1 day in Ballarat BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA March, hidden gems PREFERENCES: March ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium 4 days in Daylesford & the Macedon Ranges BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA May, slow & easy, hidden gems PREFERENCES: May ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Slow & easy